The MacCAN Monitor App is a little demo program to show the functionally of the PCBUSB library: the macOS library for PCAN-USB interfaces.
Demo App for PCAN-USB interfaces
The program displays received CAN messages in a table view; its size is limited to 1024 rows. Furthermore it is possible to send single standard CAN messages with 0 to 8 data bytes.
Only PCAN-USB devices from PEAK-System Technik GmbH are supported; and only the first channel of a device. The PCAN-USB interface number is taken from the IO registry. USB interface and CAN baud rate must be chosen once the program is started; they cannot be changed afterwards.
- Supported architecture: i386 x86_64
- Supported CAN interfaces: PCAN-USB
- Minimal required library: libPCBUSB.0.9.dylib
- Download the PCBUSB library and run the
install.shscript in a terminal session. Make sure that you have write permission to
- Download the MacCAN Monitor App or drag the program icon from the disk image to any folder you like (e.g.
- Included version 0.9 of the PCBUSB library
- Check for required version of the PCBUSB library
- Write to file: trace file instead of log file
- Included version 0.8 of the PCBUSB library
- Included version 0.7 of the PCBUSB library
- Included version 0.6 of the PCBUSB library
- Included version 0.5 of the PCBUSB library
- Minor changes (to run with version 0.4 of the PCBUSB library)
- 1st release (demo version)
The MacCAN Monitor App for PCAN-USB interfaces is freeware without any warranty or support!
Please note the copyright and license agreement.
Toolbar icons by Oxygen Team (GNU Lesser General Public License, Version 3).
Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
PCAN is a registered trademark of PEAK-System Technik GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany.
All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
If you connect your CAN device to a real CAN network when using this program, you might damage your application.